Tuesday, January 6, 2015

I've Been Hiding In the Kitchen, and You?

Hello and Happy New Year, everyone!

I've been away. I'm not going to make excuses as to my absence, but I will say that I've been busy. My focus has been on writing and designing. But as soon as November started rolling in, my focus was drawn more towards baking and cooking.


Pecan Tarts

Almond Biscotti

Apple Pie before being baked and devoured

The beginning of a Lasagna. Always made with tiny meatballs.

The beginning of sauce. Seasoning pot with pork bones...

A couple of sausages...

let it stew for a few hours....


the best lasagna I made...ever...


Santa has visited the children and the decorations have been put away. The last of the turkey has been stuffed into a sandwich and the endless loop of Carols on every radio station have finally silenced.







It is the beginning of the new year. My focus is slowly coming back to what I should be doing.

I have been working on a design for the better part of a month now, and I'll hopefully be able to publish it before the end of this one. It's a typography project. I don't trust myself too much with pen and paper, so I'm relying mostly on Adobe Illustrator. Details to come soon. But for now, here's a quick cartoon...














Yes, I flamed out my Kitchen Aid, because I wanted to feel that much cooler making cakes. It's the little things that are important.

I'll have more on my kitchen exploits in later posts, but for now, Happy New Year to you all. Now, if you'll excuse me...I'm needed in the kitchen.


Looking for your own mod kit? Click on the link below to make your kitchen infinitely cooler!