Monday, January 13, 2014

Upon Suddenly Finding More Time on my Hands

I've been feeling particularly dry this weekend. I know that this isn't saying much because I'm not the most steadfast when it comes to updating. A booze tinged temper tantrum that lasted a couple of years is one thing. Gaining momentum and then slamming on the brakes because I just plain ran out of things to say is something completely different. One thing has nothing to do with the other...

...okay, so it does.

But honestly, two weeks ago, I was laid off and now I have oodles of time on my hands. Normally I'd be freaking out because, y'know, THE END IS NIGH! NOBODY LIKES ME BECAUSE I HAVEN'T GOT HIRED YET! The last couple of times that this happened, I spent at least two months with my heart in my throat. This time around, I'm kind of over it. This time around, I'm going to find some time to nurture some of the things I would have rather been doing had I not been punching a time clock. Things like writing, like starting my own business, like networking, like becoming part of society and well, like blogging.

I know it's important to write anything done because it's good practice. I've heard this over and over again. I get it. But if I blog about my breakfast every other day, I honestly don't think I'll be seriously regarded as a "Content Provider". I mean, not like I am now. Friday hit, and I felt dry. Everything that needed to be done got done. I sat down at my computer and nothing. Just nothing. Nothing to share. Nothing to talk about. I had it in my head to crawl back under the covers. For the next two days.

Tonight, upon suddenly finding more time on my hands, I did what I usually do and make myself fall asleep while Stumbling. Then I found this. Now I have something to do for a few days. I have about five days to write 1000 word story around the title: "Dog Star God."

I don't usually build a story around a title, but I'm a sucker for these types of challenges and I haven't played this game in a while. Besides...

...it's not like I have anything else to do...

This is gonna be fun.

Photo Credit:
The End